I watched Food Inc. and I was ruined. My heart and my stomach and conscience wouldn't let me consume another bite of meat until I knew that what I was eating was well cared for. I'd drive by chicken trucks and wince at the poor featherless birds. I discovered our local co-op and I was able to return back to my meat eating ways. My co-op offered humanely cared for animal meat. The thing is, my co-op is 45 mins away. Which means I use Harp's to fill in the gaps between my bi-weekly grocery trips. Because we are so picky about the animal products we use (we want them to be organic, all natural, and well cared for) we can't always buy meat at Harp's. Thankfully Harp's started carrying beef from our neighbor who is a natural beef farmer. Harp's has all kinds of organic and natural hidden treasures!
One treasure I recently discovered was Smart Chicken®.
I found Smart Chicken® and there was much rejoicing! We have options, people! I decided to partner up with Collective Bias® to try one of the recipes from the Smart Chicken® site. Check out my path to purchase HERE
This is what I came up with
Sweet and Spicy Apricot Jalapeño Chicken Tenders
- Smart Chicken® Chicken Tenders
- Greek Yogurt 1.5c.
- Red Jalapeños 2tsp.
- Organic Apricot Jam 3TBsp.
- Organic Ketchup 4 TBsp.
- Gorgonzola 1TBsp.
- Scallions (for garnish)
- Salt & Pepper To taste
- Combine yogurt, rehydrated jalapeños, jam, ketchup, salt and pepper into the food processor and combine until we incorporated.
- Place tenders into a dish and allow the chicken to marinate (over night is best).
- Once the chicken has marinated place on a non-stick or greased baking sheet.
- Broil at 450 F until cooked through.
- Garnish with Gorgonzola and celery.
Check out Smart Chicken®'s Cafe Tecumseh to see their delicious recipes or get inspiration for your own!
Also check out Smart Chicken® on Facbook
I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias® #CBias #SocialFabric. All opinions are my own!