Cold weather recipes are perfect for warming up little bellies, the house, and the heart. Among my cold weather recipes are Kale and White Bean Soup, Corn Chowder, and Chili. Tonight as the snow fell we decided to turn to one pot cold weather comfort food. I've shared the recipe below. Stay warm!
2 slices peppered bacon
4 cloves garlic (minced)
4 mild italian sausages (skins removed)
6 cups chopped Kale
1 lb White Beans (Cannelloni beans: rinsed & parboiled)
3 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 pint chicken stock (we used homemade made from our leftovers)
1. Add diced bacon and brown
2. Saute onions and garlic until translucent
3. Add in italian sausage. Cook through until brown
4. Add Kale and cook until Kale is a bright green color
5. Add beans, chicken stock, spices, and an additional pint of water
6. Boil down liquid until beans have softened.
Add grated parmesan cheese to garnish
What are your favorite Cold Weather Recipes?