I decided a couple of nights ago that I wanted to see if I could make a gluten free shortbread cookie. As it turns out... the cookie was less shortbread-y and more chewy sugar cookie. But I am not going to complain. It was delicious.
A large handful of Lavender leaves (don't do the stems... they are woody and pulpy)
1 and a half stick of cold cultured butter
1 C Gluten Free Biscuit and Baking Mix
1 C Whole Oat Flour
1 C white sugar
1/4 Confectioner's Sugar
1 tsp. organic vanilla flavoring
1. In a food processor pulse the white sugar and lavender together until you have a bright green sugar.
2. Add the flours and confectioner's sugar into the processer and pulse until evenly mixed.
3. Dice COLD cultured butter and pulse processor until the butter is incorporated. There should be small pellets of butter throughout dough. If your dough is a bit dry and sandy looking, add a bit of water until the dough comes together.
4. Add vanilla flavoring and mix dough with pulse one final time (don't over mix)
5. Shape dough into a log and wrap in wax paper to chill in fridge for 20 or 30 mins. IF you are impatient, like me, do ten mins. in the freezer...ha!
6. Preheat oven 350
7. Cut two inch thick rounds of dough and place on cookies sheet to bake.
8. Bake until golden brown. It took about 8 mins in my oven, but I have a convection oven and it is way awesome-r than your oven. It is like a super hero oven basically.
ENJOY with a lovely Darjeeling or Green Tea. ALSO... HIDE these suckers, else you'll wake up to a child who found them in his early morning kitchen hunt and ate them all before you got the chance to have more than one.